Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Mid Century Guru

Even though I can always call my local Herman Miller Representative for a tour of the showroom, I have been eagerly awaiting the upcoming George Nelson Exhibition at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.

It was when we stopped by to visit the "From Sketch to Screen" exhibit in the summer of 2010 that we saw the poster in the lobby. George Nelson, creator of the Marshmallow Sofa, my all time favorite Coconut Chair, and

George Nelson Marshmallow Sofa

the Cigar pendant luminaire; among others, of course. I think it will be a site to see vintage models of the furniture, or perhaps originals even. I fully admit that it is always delightful to see the pieces of furniture that we studied in school, and the designers that left us their legacies.
George Nelson Cigar Pendant

I think it is wonderful too that we have a museum facility right here in Oklahoma City that caters many fine showings of art and collaborations. I think Oklahoma City is truly an up and coming place. They even show some really great films too!

Now if only the snow would clear up so I can finally get there!

No comments: